Saturday, April 2, 2016

Donors Choose Treasure!


I recently received several Donors Choose grants and just wanted to share my excitement.  I have earned 4 grants this school year and have needed every one of the supplies given.  My first project was for CD players and books on CD.  My students loved being able to listen to books on CD that might have been above their reading level.  It has really encouraged many of them to choose books that they otherwise wouldn't have.    Several weeks later I was informed that another grant had been funded.  This time I received a class set of white boards.  Something a class can always use.  I recently read a blog post about using old whiteboards as a clip board by adding binder clips.  So we recycled the ones for this purpose.




In late March I received notification that I had gotten two more grants.  One was for expo markers to use with our white boards and the other was for five Kindles.  The students have not used the Kindles yet as I am hoping for cases for each of them.  Of course we will use the expo markers right away as we are always in need of them.  

If you haven't tried Donors Choose yet check it out.  Anyone who is a teacher is eligible to apply for a grant.  


No comments:

Post a Comment