Thursday, February 13, 2014

Currently

I have finally figured out how to post the Currently status that everyone else appears to already know how to do.  I am linking up with Farley to join in on the fun.

Listening:  This is our second round of snow in eastern North Carolina.  We had four days off two weeks ago.  Went to school for a week and then a Monday and now we are on day three of this round of snow days.  We are supposed to have off for six days at Easter for our spring break and I am getting worried.  I think that we will most likely make up the days on Saturdays.  (Not too happy about that-but better than loosing our spring break).  This is our first big snow storm in our new house and I am loving it!

Loving:  Hubby works for the school district as an HVAC (heating and air conditioning) technician so he is also home.  We have spent time just hanging out, doing laundry, cooking and cleaning. Plus lots of Hallmark Channel movies!  If we have off tomorrow we will be together all day for Valentine's Day as well.  I already bought his card and a box of candy so that is probably all we will do to celebrate due to the weather.  

Thinking:  I have done some school work but at some point you just need to veg out!  Does writing my blog post count as school work?

Wanting:  I want to know if there is school tomorrow.  I love taking afternoon naps but can't do that if I have to work the next day. With no kids at home we can do this whenever we like!  I like long naps and then I can't get to sleep at night.  Hopefully we will know soon.  

Needing:  We finally have a treadmill in our fitness room and I have been using it each day.  I have also started "running" on it.  I am not too confident with this yet.  

2 truths and a fib:  
Truth-I met my husband when I was 14.  He was a volunteer in a nursing home that my mother worked at and she volunteered me to help the nursing patients go on a trip to the local mall.  I thought he was the cutest guy I had ever seen.  We just celebrated 31 years of marriage!

Truth-I want to apply for the math instructional coach position available in my building next year so I need to learn the standards for math K-5!

Fib-I don't drink coffee or any caffeine.  I haven't had caffeine for about 3 years now.  

Be sure to join the party and link up with Farley from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade!



2 comments:

  1. First of all, congratulations to you and your hubby on 31 years of marriage!!!! It's sad to say, but you don't see much of that anymore these days. I'm proud to say that my parents have been married now for 40 years, and anytime I hear of a long marriage it warms my heart and gives me hope that love does still exist in our society! How did you get away from caffeine?? Way to go on 3 years! I've considered trying to cut back. I know I could cut out pop/soda, but I'm not sure about coffee....that could be tricky! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink coffee, never have. I read that caffeine can increase hot flashes. So that was my main motivation for getting rid of it. Great to hear that your parents have been married so long, isn't that amazing!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete