Sunday, June 22, 2014

Random thoughts for the end of the year!

#1


The school year is finally over and I am starting to feel human again! This was an amazing year and I loved my new school.  I taught fourth this year after several years in a third grade classroom. I wasn't sure about 4th grade but really enjoyed it!  My students were awesome and I love the atmosphere at my new school.

I took a few days off after the last workday to decompress and am now in full swing with my summer schedule.  First thing I did was ordered myself a new school bag. While I was waiting for my new bag to arrive I cleaned out the old one.  I must have a hoarding problem because I found tons of pens in my bag.  Along with a large number of post it notes.

I don't know how to stop buying pens.  I actually ask for them for a birthday present.  Here is my new bag  from Thirty One gifts.  I love that it has my initials monogrammed on it and holds my laptop.

#2


Although I am happy to have summer break I am not good at unstructured time.  I made myself a summer schedule and put it in a table so that I can check off each item as it is completed!
Here is a picture of my summer schedule:
I have little boxes on the right hand side to check off each of my items.  It really helps me keep myself busy and stay on task.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer break.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Suzann! I'm your newest follower and also a fourth grade teacher! Love your summer schedule- wish I was that dedicated. I have meant to work out every day but it just hasn't happened on a daily basis. Hoping to get better at it and using this idea as inspiration!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlyn-Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am excited to have another follower. I love having my schedule posted for me to keep track of. I have not worked out twice each day, but most days I have. I went to your site and am now a follower. I would love to exchange ideas with you on a more personal basis. Don't be surprised if I send you an email.

      Delete
  2. Your new ThirtyOne bag is cute! I've been looking for a new teacher bag, I'll have to check this one out!

    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete