Sunday, August 17, 2014

Organization

I was not born an organized person.  In fact when I began working at the age of 40 I realized that I probably suffer from adult ADHD (never officially diagnosed) as I recall all the projects I would begin during a day at home with my kids yet never manage to finish any of them.  I used to make lists but couldn't find them when I was ready to start working on something.

Therefore when I began my teaching career I had to work hard at becoming organized.  I believe that I have grown tremendously in this area and since moving to a new school last year I have attempted to keep only those items that I will truly use at school.  Hence, the reason the garage now looks like a disaster area.

Imagine my happiness when I found this great post over at Mrs. D's Corner.  She created a forever FREEBIE on her Teachers Pay Teachers page to go along with her Monday Made it craft.  I used her idea to create my own version since I don't have a color printer and am currently obsessed with chevron.  So I created my own template to use that I could put on the colored cardstock that I had, I also got a piece of orange chevron scrapbook paper given to me by a friend and used it to create my own plan, copy, prep and grade clipboard.  I followed Mrs. D's directions as I created my own. This was my first attempt at Mod Podge and I think it turned it pretty darn good.






Here is my final two clipboards.  I am going to send the yellow one to my best friend Nancy.  She doesn't read the Internet too much so I hope when it arrives it is a surprise!


 I am so excited to use this product.  A big shout out to Stephanie at Mrs. D's Corner for allowing me to post about my own version.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using scrapbooking paper or colored cardstock in place of a colored printer! What a fantastic idea :) I hope it keeps you super organized! Mine has come in handy so many times now!

    Thanks for linking back to me, too... I'm going to go share this on my FB page now!

    Have a great back to school:)

    ReplyDelete