Saturday, January 3, 2015

Currently January!


Well I am clearly late with this even though it is only January 2nd!  I have so enjoyed my winter break this year.  My husband and I usually travel home to see our son and his family, including my two granddaughters but this year we chose to stay home.  The trip is long and we often get bad weather on the way there and back.

Listening-I took the KLove 30 day challenge on the first day of June and haven't gone back to mainstream music since then.  It is very soothing music and now my husband and I can listen to the same music in the car.

Loving-I have so enjoyed my time off this year.  Hubby and I drove to Charleston, South Carolina and it was an amazing place.  We took a carriage ride, a dinner cruise and walked for miles.  We saw dolphins in the harbor-which I had never seen in the "wild" before.  I sure did miss seeing my granddaughters, though.

Thinking-Why is it that I always think I am going to get so much work done during break and that just never seems to happen?  I did get lots of rest and relaxation accomplishment which was great.  I wrote lesson plans for the next couple of stories in our basal, and did math plans for the week we return to school.  I guess that will have to be good enough.

Wanting-More time to finish our master bathroom remodel.  We bought a new house two years ago but it has taken us forever to agree on wall colors.  So far, we only have the master bedroom painted and are working on the bathroom now.  Hubby is having surgery at the end of this week so...it will be completed in about two months or so.  (Hopefully!)  Here is a picture of the chandelier that hubby graciously agreed to put up in bathroom for me.  There was a terribly ugly light there prior so I think he agreed just to get rid of the ugly one!

Needing-to finish the laundry that I started this morning.  Took a break and had a lunch date with my darling daughter.  I promised hubby that I would get the laundry done before he got home and as I write this he is pulling into the driveway.  All my stuff is neatly piled up for Monday, I just need to get into a bag.  

Yes maybe-Although I am going to miss the time at home with hubby I am so much better with a schedule and need to get back to it.  I have gained more than one pound while on break despite my best effort to walk daily.  No excuses going forward.  I need to make time for the treadmill each and every day no matter how much work I have or think I have.  

Hope everyone has enjoyed their break.  I hit the ground running Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment