Sunday, October 11, 2015

Beginning of the year and a blog makeover!

I can't believe that we have been in school for about 7 weeks already!  The time has really gone by so quickly.
I have fallen head over heals for my class this year.  They are all so sweet and willing to learn.  I have 16 girls and 4 boys, a combination I have never had before.  We have done some amazing things this year.  At the beginning of the year we Saved Fred.  The students loved this team building activity. There are plenty of Save Fred activities available at Teachers Pay Teachers   Check them out!

.

Our district has a county wide fundraiser to bring awareness to reading.  Students, parents, teachers and members of the community take a "fun" walk -a-thon.  Money raised stays at the school it was earned at and is used to purchase additional materials for the media center.  My school has a penny war competition.  The classroom that raises the most money, in the form of pennies, wins a popcorn/bingo party.  My class was so excited to win!  Here is a picture of some of my students at the party.



I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend!  I am off to make hubby an amazing dessert.

I am so happy with my recent blog makeover.  Megan at A Bird In Hand Designs did an amazing job and she handled everything including installing the designs!  



No comments:

Post a Comment